It’s summer in Florida – the sun is shining and the pool is calling. The only thing missing? Great food.
Amplify your next family get-together or cookout with cannabis-infused recipes! With the assistance of Florida Cannabis Chef, Wayne Howey, we’ve put together 3 essential summer BBQ recipes. They’re perfect for healthy healing, outside eating and sunny summer days.
1. Infused Tropical Mango BBQ & Dipping Sauce
Did you know that Mango strengthens the effects of cannabis? The chemical in mangoes, called Myrcene, is also a terpene. Responsible for flavors and aromas in cannabis, too, terpenes combine to create a tantalizing experience.
Portion: Makes appox. 24 fluid ounces/6 – 4oz. portions with 10mg. per portion
- 60 mg. – VidaCann Mandarin Cookies Hybrid Distillate
- 2 each – Ripe Mango (peeled, pitted & chopped)
- 1 cup – Mango Puree
- 6 oz. – Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 cup – Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup – Honey
- 1/4 cup – Molasses
- 1/2 cup – Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. – Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. – Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. – Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. – Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp. – Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. – Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup – Spanish Onion (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. – Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. – Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. – Ground Ginger
Step 1: In a preheated sauté pan on medium/high heat, add olive oil and minced onions. Sauté until onions are clarified.
Step 2: Add Diced Mango, Apple Cider Vinegar & Tomato Sauce, and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat to low.
Step 3: Add all remaining ingredients to simmer on low heat for approx. 30 minutes while stirring frequently.
Step 4: Remove mixture from heat, and place in refrigerator to cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
Step 5: Puree Sauce in a food processor/blender then serve, or store in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator.
2. Dreamy Infused Veggie Burgers
Looking for a lightweight, vegetarian alternative for your summer BBQ? Check this out!
Portion: Makes approx. 5 patties
- 2 tsp. (approx. 50mg) – Decarbed Cannabis (recommended VidaCann strain: Duct Tape)
- 1 cup – Brown Rice (cooked)
- 1 cup – Walnuts
- 1/2 Tbsp. – Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup – Spanish Onion (finely diced)
- 1 1/2 cup – Black Beans (cooked)
- 1/4 cup – Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup – Panko Bread Crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. – Hot Sauce *Chef Wayne Pro-Tip: try Fartenburn’s Gourmet Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. – Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. – Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. – Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. – Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp – Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. – Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp – Fine Ground Black Pepper
Step 1: Roast walnuts in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Then, remove from oven and let cool.
Step 2: Sauté olive oil and onions over medium heat until onions are clarified. Then, remove from heat and let cool.
Step 3: In a food processor/blender, mix the cooled walnuts, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, brown sugar, sea salt, gran. garlic. Blend until fine.
Step 4: In a separate large mixing bowl, add the drained black beans and mash well with a fork.
Step 5: Add the oatmeal, cooked brown rice, panko breadcrumbs, hot sauce, sauteed onions and decarbed flower to the mashed black beans. Mix well for a couple minutes, and mold mixture into a dough-like ball.
Step 6: Mold into 5 burger patties, packing firmly with your hands.
Step 7: Heat skillet on medium high with a little oil for cooking the burgers. Burgers should cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
3. Apple Wood Bacon-Wrapped Georgia Peaches with Infused Honey Balsamic Dipping Sauce
- 4 each – Large Fresh Georgia Peaches (quartered and pitted)
- 2 each – Jalapenos (de-seeded cut into lengthwise slices)
- 16 strips – Apple Wood Bacon
- 16 each – Tooth Picks *Chef Wayne Pro-Tip: soak in water to prevent burning
Infused Honey Balsamic Dipping Sauce
- 40mg – Tikun Eran Almog Tincture
- Balsamic Glaze
- Wild Flower Honey
- 1/2 tsp – Lemon Juice
Step 1: Cut peaches into quarters.
Step 2: Place a slice of jalapeno on each side of each quartered peach, and wrap with a single piece of applewood bacon.
Step 3: Secure bacon with water-soaked tooth pick.
Step 4: For grilling outdoors, rub grill with oil to prevent sticking and turn every few minutes until bacon is cooked crisp. For stovetop, cook on medium high, and head both sides for 4-6 minutes.
Step 1: In a small sauce pan on low heat, mix balsamic glaze, honey, lemon juice and Eran Almog Tincture, stirring well for 3-4 minutes.
Step 2: Divide into 4 equal portions, serve each portion with 4 Bacon-Wrapped Peach quarters.