A cannabis trimmer is mainly responsible for efficiently performing quality trimming to prepare marijuana plants for sale. They must de-fan plants, precisely weigh and record them, trim off sticks when the cannabis dries, and sustain cleanliness and organization of their work area. Additionally, they maintain the quality of the plants, ensure a high level of cleanliness, and even take care of side tasks, such as medicine processing or reporting updates to management. Cannabis trimmers are expected to work with integrity and honesty while being resourceful and ready to work as a part of a team or independently. And, just like other cannabis jobs, a cannabis trimmer should demonstrate incredible attention to detail and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Experience in the medical or adult-use cannabis industry is a plus, but not required. A solid understanding of different cannabis strains and the anatomy of the marijuana plant is also a plus. Bud trimmers must also be dexterous and precise and have the ability to maintain an organized work environment to avoid contamination. Furthermore, they should be able to weigh trimmed cannabis accurately and identify strains.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Responsible for trimming dry cannabis flower in preparation for packaging.
- Examine buds during trimming process for quality and pathogens.
- Use, maintain, and operate department related tools and equipment within the facility
- Work well, professionally, and effectively with fellow co-workers
- Perform other related work as required