Table of Contents
Effective Date: July 28, 2020
Your use of our Products and Services is subject to this Policy and the Terms of Service (http://www.vidacann.com/terms-use/), including the arbitration and limitation of liability provisions contained therein. By using our Products and Services, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Policy and that you agree to its contents. You do not have to provide personal information to us. Please note that if you do not provide us with certain personal information, you may not be able to use or access all or portions of our Products and Services.
We will occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will revise the effective date above. Your continued use of our Products and Services means you accept the Policy as revised. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect and process your personal information.
If you have questions about this Policy, you may contact us via email at email@example.com.
What We Collect And Process
Personal Information You Provide
• sign up for, or log into, an online account, such as your username and password;
• fill out forms on the website;
• join the rewards program, such as your birthday and interests;
• communicate with us through our website, including through the chat feature, or when you communicate with us via email or otherwise;
• purchase Products and Services through our website, such as transaction history; and
• apply for an employment position with us, or after you are hired, including your name, contact information, resume, employment or educational information.
Personal Information Provided By a Third Party
• product suggestions from online marketplace vendors based on shopping preferences and consumers with similar shopping histories;
• rewards program activity; and
• background check information if you apply for employment.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
• areas of the websites you accessed, browsed, searched for, or used;
• time spent on our websites and other statistical information;
• information about your computer, device, network, and browsing session, including your operating system, browser type;
• computer or mobile device type (if used);
• unique device identifier (if any);
• the name of your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”);
• the date and time of your visit;
• the amount of time you spend on each page;
• information about the links you click and pages you view within our websites, referring URL (i.e., the page from which you navigated to our websites); and
• actions taken through use of our websites.
How And Why We Use Your Personal Information
• verify qualifying purchases;
• provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage our website, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
• conduct market and consumer research and trend analysis;
• communicate with you through email, newsletter or otherwise;
• marketing and promotional material distribution;
• administer our rewards program;
• analyze preferences, trends, and traffic patterns to better understand your interest in our products and usage of our websites;
• evaluate your application for employment (if you submitted an application), contact you, administer benefits to you, or for other employment-related purposes;
• prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and respond to potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity; and
• comply with and enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
Sharing Your Personal Information
• With our affiliates and subsidiaries for uses consistent with this Policy;
• With our service providers that we employ to assist in providing our Products and Services (such as order fulfillment; communications; form processing; rewards program administration; website management and hosting; information technology and security; email delivery; advertisement; legal; and auditing);
• With appropriate authorities if we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk, if instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity (such as: in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities; where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities; or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a network partner to comply with applicable laws); and
• With necessary third parties in connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where personal information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets.
Protecting Your Personal Information
While no one can guarantee your personal information is completely secure at all times, we use administrative, organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect the personal information we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain data confidentiality and integrity, and give us appropriate access to your data. We restrict access to holders of user-generated passwords and technical support personnel with a need to know. User accounts are secured by passwords that are created by each user. Personal information is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and our website.
If you sent us personal information, you may update it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or logging into your online user account.
You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or by contacting us.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent, as explained in the Cookies and Related Technologies section.
We only retain your personal information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for accounting or reporting purposes, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Products and Services. If you would like more information about how long we will keep your information for, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies And Related Technologies
As noted above, we collect information about the device you are using through cookies and related web technologies. We use these technologies when you interact with this website to improve the quality of our services, store user preferences, and track user trends. In order for these technologies to work, third parties collect and/or receive information from you through this website and elsewhere on the internet. These third parties typically collect information in the aggregate and in a way that does not personally identify you. As explained in “Links To Other Websites,” we do not control all of the information collected by such third parties in connection with this website, and they do not process all such data on our behalf. You may opt-out of some of these technologies, but if you do, the functionality of our websites may be impacted.
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which a server may download to your computer, mobile, or tablet when you visit a website or use an app. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things, such as letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given, and helping us to identify ways to improve your overall site experience. Some cookies are used to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit. Others are required to access some or all of our websites and are necessary to improve the performance of our Services and to enhance your overall user experience. Among other technologies, we use Google Analytics and Tag Manager. You can learn more about how these work by visiting “How Google Uses Data When You Use Our Partners’ Sites or Apps,” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use or visit our websites. To find out more about “do not track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We offer you the ability to connect through social media sites, such as Facebook and Google. On certain webpages, you will see links that establish a connection to these platforms. If you click these links or are otherwise logged into one or both of these platforms, these third parties receive information from our website or elsewhere on the internet and may use that information to recognize you and provide measurement services, targeted ads, or other services as described elsewhere in their online policies. As with linked sites, we have no control over the information that is collected, stored, or used by these third parties. To opt-out of the collection and use of this information, you can visit those policies for more information, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices, or your device’s limit tracking settings.
Links To Other Websites
Our website contains links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our websites and to read the privacy statements of those websites for more information.
Our Products and Services are directed at adults. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us.